Sign in to follow this  
tsamba

which euro car?

hi there,

i currently have a 180 and all my previous cars hav been jap, (300, galant pulsar etc). my problem is that i have been spending so much money on mods, not to mention petrol, fines etc. being a uni student cash is an issue...

my reslove is to buy a euro car and focus on the style without touching the engine, and save some cash.

i want to find a car that is practical, comfortable, not slow but still be eco friendly and still look nice without a large price tag. (big ask, i know)

my choices hav included, alfa 156 twin spark (i heard the non-twin sparks had issues with gears), merc c200.

if ne1 has any oppinions or different cars they think could be a choice or ne info on the mentioned models please feel free to reply.

cheers

BMW E60 M5

BMW E92 M3

those would be my choices if i had the price range you've given us ;)

but for a reasonable price i'd go E36 320 or 318is

Don't get a 318i whatever you do.

Completely gutless. So much so, it uses more petrol to drag its arse around than a 6-cyl (except possibly the 320i, which is also gutless as fark).

My E36 323i used to get 9L/100 when driven gently. Don't go smaller.

my price range is roughly 10-15k, not to keen on bmw as every1 has 1...i guessin no1 thinks much of alfas???

my price range is roughly 10-15k, not to keen on bmw as every1 has 1...i guessin no1 thinks much of alfas???

my pick would be a focus or similar.

how is that a euro? :wacko:

i'd go a GTI golf

I dunno if you would get a Golf MkIV GTI for that price, can get a 206 GTi for that though (could be the fact that Iown one tho :P) or a Renault Clio Sport (2.0l Turbo), but they have a rather feminine ass on them.

how is that a euro? :wacko:

i'd go a GTI golf

It is a German Ford. Germany=Europe

i friend of mine is selling her 206 gti for 14k - i'm sure you could get her down to 12k (just had a baby and needs it gone) pm me if you want

- im in melb though

Definetley go with the 1997 BMW 318is

is fast, looks great, can look amazing with an M3 body kit,

Beamer FTW!!

why would you go a 318is :S you can get an e37 m3 for 15-20 these days...

stay away from older alfa's..... The most recent alfas are actually a great car though, but out of the price range...

Don't mind newer Beemers... should be able to get an e46 coupe for your price range:

http://www.carpoint.com.au/DesktopDefault....p;D=e46%20coupe

Hot hatch choices i would go with:

Maybe a renault megane :

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/RENAUL...csn6395351.aspx

or a golf gti :

http://www.carpoint.com.au/used-car/VOLKSW...csn6687365.aspx

AUDI A4 QUATRO early 00 or late 90's for around 15, or even just a normal audi a4 best cars, never any problems with em, got 2 in the driveway

I dunno if you would get a Golf MkIV GTI for that price, can get a 206 GTi for that though (could be the fact that Iown one tho :P) or a Renault Clio Sport (2.0l Turbo), but they have a rather feminine ass on them.

Clios are not turboed.. you are thinking of the Megane 225 Sport.

for 10-15k you can get a clio sport.. 2.0NA, very zippy little cars.

factory xenons, leather and corners like its on rails...

you may fall short with servicing as it can be quite expensive, as the timing belt service will set you back about $900

as for bmws.. dont bother with anything less then a 325/530... they are just slow bits of muck!

im not a big alpha guy... but i would advise against them if you have cash flow issues.

I drive an Alfa.. aslong as you get one that hasnt been thrashed the servicing is not much more than a BMW

its been a good reply, after a bit of research iv decided on the bmw 528...not that much slower than the v8s, and a lot easier to maintain. practical and classy.

cheers for all the replys.

ps. that quattro looks insane, just a bit out my price range