Sign in to follow this  
Papas

KE70 - Advice

Hey guys just wondering if there are any little things i could be doing to my standard KE70 to give it a little bit more go without throwing in another motor??

If anyone can help that would be fantastic.. :)

Not after ground breaking speeds just a little more push lol..

Thanks!

-remove excess weight

-replace plugs, leads, filters and oils ( if you haven't already)

-2" exhaust with extractors

-bigger carby (32/36 weber)

-cam

-advance timing tune

on a mates car it saw 88hp atw

edit: and manual conversion if auto, as the auto box sucks giant wang

sure is an auto lol....

much to do to convert it to manual....

ive got a gearbox and the pedal box...

is that all i need?

you will also need the tailshaft from a manual car, a clutch cable, and to plug in the reversing lights

other than that its just bolts and alot of swearing haha

oh and the flywheel and clutch from a manual keto

pump tyre pressure up in the rear wheels.

+ can of rp7 for skids

beter carby as the stock 4k carb is crap,dont spent heaps on the 4k(like i did)just slap a smallport 4age in it. :thumb::thumb:

-remove excess weight

-replace plugs, leads, filters and oils ( if you haven't already)

-2" exhaust with extractors

-bigger carby (32/36 weber)

-cam

-advance timing tune

on a mates car it saw 88hp atw

edit: and manual conversion if auto, as the auto box sucks giant wang

that's not bad power

ok after weighing it all up.... What is the cheapest conversion to do?

well no need... :P got the s15!!! ummm seriously... want a cheap little track car!!!

haha... an auto ke isnt the way to go about it then.

peddle box - 200

gearbox - 300

clutch - 150-200

master/slave - 50

tailshaft - 50

so thats 800 bucks to do manual shit... and its still slow.

seriously.. sell it and get a cheap manual SR20de s13 or something. 2-3K max

peddle box - 200

gearbox - 300

clutch - 150-200

master/slave - 50

tailshaft - 50

Listen to the man above.

Only way for an auto KE to go quick and cheap these days is for to be driving down a hill.

4AGE conversion is the cheapest conversion to give any decent power and the conversion I did 2(?) years ago now, set me back $3k with labour all done by myself and parts... most of it bought cheap.

You're better off buying a s13. They can be had for so cheap these days.

Ok sweet as guys! thanks for the help! :)

I can get all the above manual stuff for 200$ off a friend.....

yeah prices i listed were general forum prices. ive sold peddle boxes for 200 alone. if u can get everything for 200 then y0ur laughing.

peddle box - 200

gearbox - 300

clutch - 150-200

master/slave - 50

tailshaft - 50

Listen to the man above.

Only way for an auto KE to go quick and cheap these days is for to be driving down a hill.

4AGE conversion is the cheapest conversion to give any decent power and the conversion I did 2(?) years ago now, set me back $3k with labour all done by myself and parts... most of it bought cheap.

just out of curiosity does it need and engineering certificate because your replacing the KE70 cross members... and they don't hold a 4AGE as far as I'm aware of... I know the 4AGE bolts straight onto cars with a 4AC... but I understand you need to use cross members from a AE71 and like cut them down or something... am I right???

no. the ae71 and ke70 are the exact same chassis. just differnt drive trains.

so ae71 crossmember bolts straight in

peddle box - 200

gearbox - 300

clutch - 150-200

master/slave - 50

tailshaft - 50

Listen to the man above.

just out of curiosity does it need and engineering certificate because your replacing the KE70 cross members... and they don't hold a 4AGE as far as I'm aware of... I know the 4AGE bolts straight onto cars with a 4AC... but I understand you need to use cross members from a AE71 and like cut them down or something... am I right???

It technically needs an engineers certificate to have a 4age in a ke70/ae71 chassis as well as ADM ae86s for that matter. Only because the 4age was never released in Australia in that car or some crap. There was a massive debate about it and in the end, you need an engineers certificate for it to be legal.

To fit a 4age into the ke70, all you need to do is get an A series engine cross member (either from an ae71 or ae86) and it should bolt straight in. There's no need for any cutting.

Only thing I ever cut to fit the 4age into my ke was a hole for the clutch master cylinder and maybe my hand a few times :P

Simon the pedal boxes that go for $200 are the hydraulic ones from AE71/TE72, KE70 ones aren't worth shit coz they're cable clutch. Unless these days people are spending $$$ on shitty auto KE70s, wouldn't suprise me

Simon the pedal boxes that go for $200 are the hydraulic ones from AE71/TE72, KE70 ones aren't worth shit coz they're cable clutch. Unless these days people are spending $$$ on shitty auto KE70s, wouldn't suprise me

Yeah, I think he meant that by listing the other stuff needed as well, slave and master cylinder.

But yeah, $200 for a normal cable clutch pedal box, LOL I wouldn't be surprised..

just sell and buy another manual ke. cheaper.

then just

mod the airbox

run 15o timing

bp98 ron fuel

extractors

exhaust

lock diff

suspension

modded knuckles ;)

my car goes pretty hard with just these mods. can slide it in the wet or dirt easily

I gotta 4k-c in my ke55.....

Don't Upgrade anything unless you plan to upgrade everything. The stock cam, carby and exhaust manifold are all pretty well matched together, i pulled off my exhaust (after the first hotdog), took my air filter off, set my rocker rollers real good n shit (do it when the motor is hot), advanced the timing to something stupid like >20deg, played with the carby and did all the normal maintenance shit (new points, new coil, oil, filters etc) The result was my motor sounded like a 12a bridgeport and ran really well (for a 4k). Had enough power for fat skids in the hills and I have pics to prove it haha!

I've now got a 32/36 weber, fat cam of some description and 4-1 extractors... I put them on one by one and I can say its not worth it to upgrade just the cam or just the carby, you have to do the whole lot.

K motors are underated, if you do them right they are a great little motor for little cars.

I gotta 4k-c in my ke55.....

Don't Upgrade anything unless you plan to upgrade everything. The stock cam, carby and exhaust manifold are all pretty well matched together, i pulled off my exhaust (after the first hotdog), took my air filter off, set my rocker rollers real good n shit (do it when the motor is hot), advanced the timing to something stupid like >20deg, played with the carby and did all the normal maintenance shit (new points, new coil, oil, filters etc) The result was my motor sounded like a 12a bridgeport and ran really well (for a 4k). Had enough power for fat skids in the hills and I have pics to prove it haha!

I've now got a 32/36 weber, fat cam of some description and 4-1 extractors... I put them on one by one and I can say its not worth it to upgrade just the cam or just the carby, you have to do the whole lot.

K motors are underated, if you do them right they are a great little motor for little cars.

sounds pretty much what my mate did

certainly surprises people when you tell em its only a little 4k under the hood :lol:

big cam, high compression efi, turbo, gilmer belt drive cause it sounds sick, manual, and suspension mods

seriously though do suspension mods till you can afford a 4age :thumbsup:

Basic mods are timing, exhaust and extractors, holden gemini carb.

If you want some fun mod an ac bracket to put an sc12 on, box up the carb, carter black fuel pump and a 1:1 fpr. Will be a bit of fun but you'll probably wish you just 4aged it

Ok awesome thanks guys...

So ive found a 4age Cheap!!!!!!

Now what gearbox should i use??

What fits easiest and cheapest??

Will a particular box match my motor and tail shaft?